This programme provides those responsible for designing learning solutions with the knowledge, skills and insights needed to design world-class interventions. Using the >BL method, participants will be able to design end-to-end solutions that deliver efficiencies while maximising transfer of learning.
The programme is also available as an open public course through the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
How you will benefit
The programme will provide participants with the following benefits:
- A thorough grounding in evidence-based learning principles.
- An appreciation of the arguments for blended learning.
- Knowledge of the overall blended learning design process.
- The ability to analyse a learning requirement in terms of the types of learning required, the characteristics of the target population and the logistical constraints.
- The ability to interpret the information gathered during the analysis phase in terms of its implications for the solution.
- The ability to structure a blend into the four phases Preparation, Input, Application and Follow-up, in order to ensure effective transfer of learning.
- The ability to select appropriate social contexts, strategies, delivery channels and communication modes to meet a given requirement.
- The confidence to apply what they have learned to real-world blended solutions.
The >BL approach to in-company programmes
We design all of our programmes around a number of key principles:
- No two programmes are exactly the same. You get what you need.
- Every programme is blended to ensure an end-to-end experience, aimed at long-term behaviour change and impact back on the job.
- We base our content and our approach on proven, evidence-based learning principles.
- We provide lots of opportunities for participants to build confidence through practice with expert feedback.
- We cross the boundaries of formal and informal learning, so the transfer of new ideas to the job becomes seamless.
How the programme is configured
The programme can work in a number of formats, depending on your particular requirements. We often include face-to-face elements but we’re also happy to provide online-only versions where this is more practical. Either way we will always provide a mix of live and self-paced elements.
Those programmes which centre on face-to-face delivery will tend to be shorter in terms of elapsed time. However, we do not recommend condensing the programme too much as this will not allow for adequate spaced practice.
All participants receive a paperback copy of the book More Than Blended Learning.
Contact us to discuss your needs and to obtain a quotation.