This new programme is designed for all those who interact directly with learners to facilitate learning, whether this is in a physical or a virtual classroom, on-the-job or within the context of an online course. The programme can be used to transform subject specialists into expert facilitators, or as a help for learning professionals who want to utilise their facilitation skills in a digital environment.
The programme is currently only available on an in-company basis.
How you will benefit
The programme will provide participants with the following capabilities, common to all forms of learning facilitation (classroom, virtual classroom, on-job, online):
- Setting the scene
- Establishing the right relationship with learners
- Engaging learners
- Responding to learner differences
- Providing clear explanations
- Using language appropriately
- Employing visual aids effectively
- Providing demonstrations and examples
- Optimising the process of practice and rehearsal
- Briefing, monitoring and debriefing practical activities
- Providing feedback and eliciting peer feedback
- Asking learners to share opinions and experiences
- Asking questions to test knowledge and understanding
- Asking questions that challenge learners to think for themselves
- Taking questions
- Listening actively
- Leading discussion
- Reading the group
- Dealing with problems such as negativity, dominating personalities, non-participating learners and bad behaviour
- Managing time
Underlying these capabilities are some essential guiding principles:
- Know your subject well
- Show that you care
- Aim high – set stretching but reachable challenges
- It’s not about you
The >BL approach to in-company programmes
We design all of our programmes around a number of key principles:
- No two programmes are exactly the same. You get what you need.
- Every programme is blended to ensure an end-to-end experience, aimed at long-term behaviour change and impact back on the job.
- We base our content and our approach on proven, evidence-based learning principles.
- We provide lots of opportunities for participants to build confidence through practice with expert feedback.
- We cross the boundaries of formal and informal learning, so the transfer of new ideas to the job becomes seamless.
How the programme is configured
The programme can work in a number of formats, depending on your particular requirements. Because of the need for extensive practice of interpersonal skills, we often include face-to-face elements but we’re also happy to provide online-only versions where this is more practical. Either way we will always provide a mix of live and self-paced elements.
Those programmes which centre on face-to-face delivery will tend to be shorter in terms of elapsed time. However, we do not recommend condensing the programme too much as this will not allow for adequate spaced practice. It takes time to become a skilled and confident facilitator and there are no easy shortcuts.
Contact us to discuss your needs and to obtain a quotation.